MANGO CHEESECAKE (NO BAKE, NO EGGS)


Updated:
The best thing about summers in Mangoes and lots and lots of Mangoes. It has pretty much become a tradition to make a cheesecake as soon as the mangoes are in the market as my sister and me, we love it like anything. My Dadu is so awesome that every summers he floods our house with mangoes, some from the market, some from the trees in his gardens, that allow me try a wide range of recipes. All you need is some patience to make this cheesecake. You know what is the toughest part? Well, it is the time span between the moment you keep the cheesecake in the fridge to set till the time you have your first slice of it. And as the first bite melts in your mouth, all you can say that it is divinely. :)



NO BAKE MANGO CHEESECAKE

Original Post:
Summers are special because of the king of fruits, Mango. There are many different ways to enjoy mangoes other than just peeling it off and gulping it down. Well, that is what I do most often when I am lazy to prepare anything out of it. But, then I thought of making a Mango Cheesecake as I have been willing to do it from a long time since I bought one Spring Form tin. This was my first try with cheesecakes, rather second. But the first one I made was set in glasses and bowls and thus, I had no fear of de-molding it. And when I started with the preparation of Mango Cheesecake yesterday, I suddenly saw in Facebook, that it was exactly an year ago when I made my first mango cheesecake. 

This is what I made in my first try for cheesecakes. Last year, I was really afraid of demolding the cheesecake and thus, I set in glasses so that I can relish it directly. 

The final result was not at all bad, and so I gained some confidence and tried to do it in a spring form tin this year. 


A cheesecake has basically three layers:
  • The crust: This is made with biscuits or cracker crumbs
  • The filling layer in the middle: This is the middle mango cheesecake layer
  • The topping: This is the topping layer which you can modify on your own. You may put a mango glaze or even cubed mangoes, as per your wish. 
The preparation of cheesecakes is a bit time consuming but the result you get in the end is completely worth it. A perfect chilled dessert in this hot weather is a treat to your taste buds. This is a no bake cheesecake, and I have set it using Gelatin Powder. Generally cheesecakes are made using cream cheese, but it is not available in the vicinity of my home and I needed to go to the supermarkets, which is a completely bad option in summer. So, I made my cheesecake using Paneer and it also turned out completely the same. 


Mango Cheesecake



Recipe:

Serves: 5-6
Preparation time: 45 minutes
MANGO CHEESECAKE
Cooking time: 2 minutes
Resting time: 8-10 hours or overnight.

Equipment: A spring form tin, I used a 6" one.

What you need:

For the crust:

  • 14-15 Marie Biscuits 
  • 2 tbsp Butter
  • 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar

For the cheese cake layer:

  • 150 gm Paneer or Indian Cottage Cheese
  • 1/2 Milkmaid or 200 gm Condensed Milk
  • 2 Ripe Mangoes
  • 1 tbsp Gelatin powder
  • 1/4 cup Water

For the mango glaze:

  • 1 ripe mango (made into pulp)
  • 1 tsp Gelatin
  • 2 tbsp Water

How to make it?

Preparing the bottom layer:

  • Grind the Marie biscuits in a grinder along with melted butter and granulated sugar. 
  • Spread this mixture on the base of your spring form tin.
  • Allow it to rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before you pour the second layer. In the meanwhile, do the other preparations. 

Preparing the middle layer:

  • Sprinkle the gelatin powder in water (either cold or at room temperature) and keep it aside for 10 minutes after mixing it. When the gelatin is dissolved completely in 10 minutes, microwave it on high for 5-7 seconds because the base where you are putting the gelatin will not be a warm base. This is the reason it is important to microwave the gelatin. You may also put the bowl of gelatin in another bowl containing hot water.
  • Extract the pulp from two mangoes. In a mixture grinder, add the mango pulp, condensed milk, and paneer and blend till its creamy and smooth. 
  • Pour the gelatin mix into the mango mixture and mix it thoroughly. 
  • Take out the cake pan from the refrigerator and pour this mixture on top of the base. Using a spatula, make sure that the surface is even.
  • Put it again in the refrigerator and let it chill before you put the topping.

Preparing the top layer:

  • Extract the mango pulp and grind it till it is smooth.
  • In a same way, dissolve the gelatin powder as you did in the last step and then put it in the mango pulp. Mix it properly.
  • Pour the mango glaze on top of the cheese filling
  • Make sure that you pour the topping only after the cheese cake is bit stable. You must pour it almost after three to four hours so that two layers of the cheesecake do not mix with each other and remain intact. 
  • Finally, when it is done, put it back in the refrigerator and let it cool overnight or at least for 8-10 hours.
Next morning, you can enjoy the perfectly set and chilled dessert. 

P.S:

  • In case of the biscuits for the base, you can use whatever biscuit is available. I used Marie Biscuits as I had them at home. You may even use digestive biscuits or crackers for the base.
  • You can make this recipe by using cream cheese or ricotta cheese. I used paneer as this was readily available. 
  • If you wish to make a completely vegetarian recipe, then you can substitute gelatin with Agar Agar. 
  • You may also set the cheesecakes in glasses in case you do not have proper cake tins, like I did last year and that also turns out really good. 


Comments

Post a Comment